Career Coaching at Trinity College is designed to engage students and encourage them to explore, design, and build a plan for their college journey and future careers.
We believe all students and alumni should have access to one-on-one personalized coaching appointments. Our professional Career & Life Design coaches currently offer in-person, phone, and Zoom appointments to support your student’s career-related needs from exploring majors and careers, to internship and job searches, to practice interviews. We also offer pre-law and pre-health advising.
Our appointments are:
- Student-centered. You are the expert on you, we are here to help you explore, design, and build your college experience and career.
- Action-oriented. You will co-create action steps with your career & life design coach that you can complete between appointments to achieve your goals.
- Outcomes-oriented. You will be able to define your appointment goals with your career & life design coach to ensure each appointment is focused and addresses your needs.
- Based on Design Thinking methodology. You will have the opportunity to build lifelong career & life design skills by learning Design Thinking concepts and participating in reflective and exploratory activities.
What is a Career Community?
To support you in connecting your academic pursuits to career opportunities, the Career & Life Design Center has created five career communities, based on industry rather than major, to help you cultivate your industry-specific skills, connections, and resources.
Each Career Community provides:
- One-on-one career coaching appointments with a dedicated Career & Life Design staff member
- Connections to alumni and employers through events and virtual resources
- Events, panels, and programs to explore career options within a community
- Career Treks to local, regional, and national employers to explore companies and careers
- Online industry-specific resources to find internships, jobs, graduate programs and learn more about careers within the community
How to Access Coaching Services
To schedule an appointment in Handshake, follow these video instructions. If you are unable to find an available appointment time within your chosen Career Community, please select “Exploratory” instead. If you require accommodations for your appointment, please include a note in your appointment request.
Alumni Career Coaching:
To arrange an alumni career coaching appointment, please schedule an appointment with Paul Gagnon M’01, our alumni career consultant, via Handshake, or contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
The Career & Life Design Center hosts regular drop-ins led by highly trained Career & Life Design Interns.
Career & Life Design Studio topics include:
- Résumés & cover letters
- Getting started in internship & job searches
- Searching for on-campus jobs
- Introductions to online resources: Handshake, Big Interview, Bantam Career Network & LinkedIn
Drop-ins are welcome on weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Cornelia Center (located at 114 Vernon Street).
The Studio will be closed during finals and winter break, beginning on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 through Friday, January 19, 2024, and will reopen when the Spring Semester starts on Monday, January 22, 2024.
The Career & Life Design Center is continuing to offer résumé and cover letter reviews over email, this semester. Submit your documents, beginning Tuesday, September 5 through Friday, December 8, 2023.
The Career eReview process will give you personalized feedback on your résumé or cover letter, within 48 business hours, and can help you use your coaching appointment to focus on finishing your final draft and discussing your career strategy.
To request a review of your résumé or cover letter, please complete this form on our Career & Life Design website. View the brief instructional video, below, to watch one of our Interns walk through the process:
Important Note: Make sure you are logged in to the Career & Life Design website, using Trinity College credentials, so that you have access to the form.
Should you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the Career & Life Design Studio, located in the Cornelia Center (114 Vernon St).
All Career & Life Design Interns have signed confidentiality agreements and receive intensive training on document reviews.
The Career & Life Design Center offers workshops and programs throughout the year to provide information about various health professions and to educate students about the processes and timelines for applying to health professions schools. In collaboration with the Health Professions Advising Committee (HPAC), we also offer individual advising to those in the early planning stages as well as to those in the process of applying.
Advising Services Offered:
- Guidance on how to prepare for your intended health profession
- Assistance in gaining shadowing/medically-related experiences
- Help with applications, including letters of recommendation and personal statements
- Interview preparation
Questions about Pre-Health Advising? Schedule an appointment with Joey Abad in Handshake.
The Career & Life Design Center offers workshops and programs throughout the year to provide information about the law school application process and educate students and alumni about the types of careers available to students that pursue a law degree. We also offer individual advising to students and alumni in the early planning/exploratory stage and throughout the law school application process.
Advising Services Offered:
- Guidance on how to prepare for law school and the application process
- Coaching to provide the skills for searching for internship experiences in the legal field
- Assistance with applications, including resume and personal statement critiques
- Interview preparation
Questions about Pre-Law Advising? Schedule an appointment with Chloe Cummings in Handshake.